Sunday, March 28, 2010

Surf's Up


When my ex and I lived in San Clemente, CA - we lived at 316 Encino Lane. It was a beautiful, spacious apartment overlooking a canyon and a stone's throw from Linda Lane Park, literally we lived ON the beach. No, it's not as famous as, say, Trestles Beach (of Richard Nixon, SurfRider Foundation and STOP THE 241 TOLL ROAD fame - yeah, who knew you could throw all of those subjects nto one reference) or San Onofre State Park - but it was our little, beautiful beach. *Yes, that is the sunset from Linda Lane in the photo*.

I would walk down quite often, maybe 3-4x a week, to catch the sunset. There was really nothing quite like it.

I almost always had this song playing in my Ipod while sitting on the rocks watching the waves.

Here's The Pixies "Ana" - a short but sweet tune that captures the feel 80's surf-rock in Southern California.




No comments: